Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whatcha Got Wednesday #16

Welcome everyone! Another edition of "Whatcha Got Wednesday," where I talk about all my goodies - I'm excited to share what I got. I've heard some great things. And if any of you have read any of these, please tell me your thoughts!

First up! The books!
BOUGHT:
"Where I belong" by Gwendolyn Heasley
- I was shopping Borders.com to use up the rest of my gift card, and I couldn't pass this one up.
"Broken" by Shiloh Walker - Went to an author signing, picked this one up, and knew I had to have it - and Shiloh Walker signed it for me!
"Anna and the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins - A lot of the YA authors I love say they love this book - I'm banking on them having good taste, haha.
FOR REVIEW (for Romance Reviews Today)
"The Vampire Voss" - Colleen Gleason
- AHH, I am so excited to review this series!
"The Restorer" by Amanda Stevens - You know me, I loves me some Paranormal Romance =)
"Mercy Burns" by Keri Arthur - I have never read this author before, super excited!

And what you see above is all the swag I got from the Valentines Book Signing at Barnes and Noble! I got to see Heather Webber, who signed my ARCs for "Deeply, Desperately" and "Absolutely, Positively." When she saw me at the signing, she got up and gave me a hug to thank me for my review of "Absolutely, Positively!!!" I was so honored!
I also met and had a great chat with author Jillian Kent. We talked about reviewing, and her upcoming book. Unfortunately she didn't have a book to sign (her book hasn't been released yet!), but it was great of her to come out and chat with everyone!
I also talked to author Renee Vincent for a little while. I desperately want to read her Emerald Isle Trilogy, which begins with "Raeliksen." Unfortunately, they didn't have it at Barnes and Noble - BUT she promised she will have copies at the Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together, which we both will be attending this June!
I also briefly spoke with LuAnn McLane and Kerri Stevens, as well as Lori Foster herself. It was a great trip, and I absolutely love that Barnes and Noble continues to invite such wonderful and kind authors to stop by for signings.

That's it for me! But what a great week it was! Now, c'mon.. share! What did you get this week? Anything you're looking forward to?

Have a great week, and of course - Happy Reading!!
~!~ Amanda ~!~

No comments: