Hello all! I've been wanting to do this for a few years, so darnit, I'm doing it this year! I'm going to list my top books of this year.. in no particular order. I'll also link to my review on here or on Romance Reviews Today when applicable!
1. "Howl's Moving Castle" by Diana Wynne Jones. LOVED this one. I'm so mad I never thought to pick this one up before this year! Reviewed on my blog, check that out HERE.
2. "The Guardian" by Sherrilyn Kenyon. More than a few of Kenyon's recent Dark-Hunter novels were a little, shall we say.. formulaic. But "The Guardian" blew me away! I absolutely loved it, and it's now my second favorite Dark-Hunter novel! Reviewed on Romance Reviews Today, go HERE for that review!
3. "A Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man" by Celeste Bradley and Susan Donovan. One of those books where I very nearly cried at the end.. because I was just so darned happy! Reviewed on my blog, check it out HERE.
4. "Beg for Mercy" by Jami Alden. I was practically shaking the entire time I read this. I'm not usually one for suspense, but this book was FANTASTIC! Reviewed for Romance Reviews Today, but the review hasn't been archived on the new server yet, alas.
5. "The Restorer" by Amanda Stevens. This one was so good, I picked it as my next book club choice for the Positively Paranormal Book Club at my library. I can't wait to hear what our patrons think about it! And darn, this is another one that hasn't been archived. Hopefully soon!
6. "Credo's Hope" by Alison Holt. I'll admit it, I wasn't sure about this book when I agreed to review it. But the author really blew me away. I was lucky to review the sequel to this, "Credo's Legacy," as well, and it was just as good.. but since "Credo's Hope" was the first one, I chose that one to be on the list. Excited for the third in the series, which I hope will release soon! Reviewed on my blog, see my review HERE!
Well, those are my choices for the top books I've read this year. There were tons on my original list.. but I wanted to limit it to 6 or 7. And don't you dare ask me to pick an absolute favorite out of those, I could never! Ha.
So you've heard my choices, what are yours? Comment below with your list, or a link to your list!
~!~ Amanda ~!~