Tuesday, June 9, 2015

RAGT15! Reader Author Get Together - After the Magic

Hello everyone! So, this past weekend, June 4-6th was the 11th annual Reader Author Get Together, and my 5th year attending! This year was bigger than ever, and I cannot wait to share my haul with you.

I'm going to talk about RAGT in two posts, that way I can highlight as many authors as possible. I was even able to chat with some authors and publishing groups about my blog, so hopefully I will be able to get even more awesome content out to you guys.

Today, I'm going to talk about the free books I got in my goody bag. That's right, FREE. Attendees got 7 (SEVEN!!) free books in their welcome bags, and I can tell you right now, at least two of these were ones I was eyeing to buy on my next book store binge. So let's begin.


So as you see in the above picture, this is the swag I got during the conference. This does not include book covers, business cards, etc - I have those in a separate pile because I need to go through and all them all to my Goodreads To-Read shelf! What you see above are the books and goodies that I got in my bag or got during special events. Included: Earbuds, mirrors, chapstick, bottle openers, bracelets, pins, bookmarks, cups, a wine glass, notebooks, lotion, soap, and so much more! 

Now on to the books. Today I'll be talking about the free books I got. I'm saving the books I purchased for later in the week. Clicking the author's name will take you to their website. Clicking the title will take you to Goodreads for all your TBR needs!

  MIXED MESSAGES by Linda Lael Miller - this includes a bonus book, THE SECRET CHILD & THE COWBOY CEO by Janice Maynard. I've actually never read Linda Lael Miller before, but as a librarian, I have definitely heard the name. And I could see a lot of happy ladies when they pulled this book out of their bags. Also, excuse me while I get a little bit excited that the cover model will be playing Miles Archer in the Ugly Love movie!


BRINGING HOME THE BAD BOY by Jessica Lemmon. I remember seeing this author at the event last year, and after reading the blurb on her newest book, it immediately went into my TBR pile. She was very fun to talk to, and I cannot wait to dig into this book.

SLAVE by Cheryl Brooks. This is a new to me author. I think I was vaguely aware that this series existed, but I had never really come across it anywhere. And now I own it and can read it at my leisure! Not to mention, this is the very first book in the series, so I can start at the beginning! I read a lot of paranormal and contemporary romance. It will be nice to switch it up with some futuristic science fiction romance.

UNDONE by Shannon Richard. Another new to me author, but one I am super excited to check out as soon as possible. Not only am I in love with the cover, but the synopsis on the back got me all revved up - hehe, get it? Because he's a mechanic. Yeah, all right, I'll stick with book blogging and give up comedy, I promise. Another first in the series, so I cannot wait to dive right in. And not so great for me, there is a preview in the back of the book for the next novel - so I'm sure I'll be one-clicking that as soon as I finish the first one.

SLEEPING WITH THE WOLF by Maddy Barone. Another book one! And what a sexy looking book it is. We have contemporaries, a futuristic, and now futuristic paranormal romance. And what can I say, there is just something about werewolf romances - I can't get enough. I love the paranormal genre, romance or no, but I don't think I've read a shifter romance I haven't enjoyed at least a little. And now I have not only a new book, but a new author to sink my teeth into.

So I'll be honest, it wasn't until now that I realized these are all first in the series. Well than goodness! As a reviewer, I have learned to deal with diving right into a series in the middle, if that's how it works out. But I can't help but always feel bad about not starting at the beginning.

CALLUM by Melissa Schroeder. This is one of those books that just feels good. Something about the cover, I don't know. I'm apparently a very tactile person. Another first in a series, and a paranormal to boot. From the synopsis and a brief run through Goodreads reviews, it looks like I am in for a sexy, wild time with this one!

A MANSION, A DRAG QUEEN, AND A NEW JOB by CC Dragon.  Our last book of the morning is the first in the Deanna Oscar Paranormal Mystery series. Well, I'll have to admit, the title sold me in the heart beat. I'm not the biggest mystery fan, but this book looks and sounds like it will be a great time, and I am definitely down for that.

Well, thank you for sticking around for my freebie book haul from RAGT15. Coming up in the next few days will be a list of books I purchased from the event, along with some (okay, maybe a lot?) of fangirling.


Happy Reading! 
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: