******GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED******But first up, the interview..
1. Your novel is set in Tudor England - could you have survived the life at Court?
I doubt it. It was a truly awful place. If you were out of favour it was grim, If you were in favour you were desperate to hang on to it and if you climbed too high the Tower was a virtual inevitability. The stakes were so high – that’s what makes it a great setting for fiction.
2. If you could make everyone read one novel, which would it be? (And sure, you can pick your own book, or throw something wild out there!)
Once I’d encouraged everyone to read all my novels, and I’d recommend my favorite novel, Beware of Pity by Stephan Zweig.
3. When writing, are you the organized type (example: you write for a certain amount of time each day and then move on), or do you get sucked into the book and can’t tell what day or time it is?
I am very disciplined as a matter of fact. I work to a minimum word count of 1,000 words a day, but it’s usually more like 1,500. Once I’ve walked my dogs first thing, I sit at my desk and get my admin out of the way, then I write until I’ve achieved what I need to. That can sometimes take a few hours and occasionally much, much longer. If I’m not writing I’m researching, which might mean spending time in the library, or visiting museums and historic sites. I’m very strict about my routine as I find I can’t produce good work if it’s disrupted.
4. Are you a ketchup or a mustard person?
Neither actually but if you forced me I’d choose ketchup. I loathe mustard!
- Is there anything you would like to say to your readers and fans?
Read more; read things you might not normally choose, you will never regret it – promise!
A huge thanks to Elizabeth Fremantle for taking the time to answer my questions. And now, on to the giveaway!
Rules and Guidelines
~ There will be ONE winner.
~ Open to U.S. only!
~ Contest ends 7/24/15 at 11:59 p.m.
~ You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
~ Novel Addiction is not responsible for items lost in the mail.
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~