Friday, February 26, 2016

Weekly Reading Update 2/20-2/26/16!

Another Weekly Reading Update! My week started off slow since I had to work all weekend and extra long days during the week, but I still managed to sneak in some reading time.


As we’re still in the midst of the Teen Reading Challenge, I started my weekend with some graphic novels..

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, volume 1: Squirrel Power by Ryan North. This was super cute, but I wasn’t wowed like I have been with some other Marvel titles. I’m definitely planning to continue with the second volume, though.



I also read The Adventures of Superhero Girl by Faith Erin Hicks. Goodreads has been recommending this graphic novel to me for years, and I always ignored it. Until I found this list of the best graphic novels written by women - and Superhero Girl was on it. So I broke down and requested it from the library, and now I’m mad at myself for waiting so long! It was great. Definitely check this one out. Girl power!



Another book I had been putting off even though I heard some great things - Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker. This is on a list of “Essential New Adult Books” that I found in a book review magazine. I copied down the list of titles, and I’m working my way through them, even though I had already read pretty many on the list. Ten Tiny Breaths was so good. Emotional, gritty… and definitely messed up. But so, so good. I’ve already requested book 2!

I also went on a bit of a Princeless binge.. as in, I read Princeless: The Short Stories, Princeless volume 4, and Princeless: Raven The Pirate Princess. If you like girl power graphic novels, this is definitely a series to pick up. In fact, Raven's book was like Rat Queens, but safer for a younger audience. They're so cute, well written, and everything I could have hoped for when I wanted a good new series to read.

I think that's more than enough for this week.. but don't worry, I have plenty more manga volumes requested from the library, so I will be a reading fool soon enough!


Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: