Friday, April 8, 2016

Weekly Reading Update! 4/1 - 4/7/16!


Another week, another weekly reading update! This week I went on a bit of a nostalgia kick, so I've been reading The Princess Diaries series like it's going out of style! And of course, that's making me want to read the Georgia Nicholson series, and the Jessica Darling series, all over again as well. Maybe next week!

As always, click the link to check them out!


Since last week, I finally picked my 2016 Popsugar Reading Challenge back up by reading a book of poetry - "The Hunting of the Snark" by Lewis Carroll. I'm not a big poetry fan, and that might be because to really understand a poem, I have to read it out loud to myself. Which can get pretty weird, depending on where you're reading it. I live in fear that someone will stop by my house and hear me reading poetry to myself.. But anyway! This book was good, really. Very enjoyable, even for someone that doesn't really like poetry.

I also read "Knight" by Kristen Ashley. I didn't know what to expect when I started this - I picked it up on recommendation from someone else, without ever really looking into it. And I'm stuck somewhere between liking it (it was definitely hot), and disliking it (really? you can't think of another word besides "babe"?!). In the end, I gave it three stars because I was so conflicted. But then I promptly requested the second book in the series to read, so clearly I liked the author and writing enough to seek out more!

Next up was "Simon Says: Mine" by Cherise Sinclair. When I want a good, steamy, hot read - I pick up something by Cherise. This novella was part of a series I hadn't read before, but her books can often be read as stand alones - especially near the beginning of the series. This was offered as an eBook at my library, so of course I had to jump on it. Yum! I can't wait to start this series as soon as I finish the Shadowlands series.

And last, but certainly not least, I read books 2-5 of the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. (2: Princess in the Spotlight, 3: Princess in Love, 4: Princess in Waiting, 5: Princess in Pink). I read this series years ago, and stopped somewhere near the end, but I couldn't remember where. So I figured, since I was feeling nostalgic, I'd pick them back up. I listened to 4 & 5, but read books 2 & 3, since they were checked in at the library. If you like audiobooks, I'd give these a listen. The narrator does a fantastic job! I forgot how much I love Mia and her friends - and especially Michael. Oh, Michael Moscovitz. *Sigh*

Well, that's it for me this week. But I'm sure I'll have plenty to talk about next week!

Happy reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: