Friday, July 29, 2016

Weekly Reading Update 7/22 - 7/28/16!



As always, click the title for more info!


It's going to be a graphic novel heavy week this time around, since I got a bunch in at the library. I figure I will just lump them all in together, though I read them different times throughout the week. I started off with Robin: Son of Batman, Volume 1: The Year of Blood by Patrick Gleason. It was fairly interesting, there were definitely parts I liked. And it was absolutely amazing when compared to Damian: Son of Batman that I read  a few years ago. Next up was Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor volume 1: A Matter of Life and Death by George Mann. I love the Doctor Who graphic novels, and this one was especially fantastic because the Eighth Doctor is one of my all-time favorites. A great story, and I can't wait to see where it goes!


Also this week, I read Ms. Marvel, volume 5: Super Famous by G. Willow Wilson.I’m a huge Ms. Marvel fan, so of course I loved this book. I’m actually liking all of Marvel’s heroes reinvented. Lady Thor is awesome, Miles Morales - I like him better than spiderman!, and I can’t wait for the new Iron Man (woman?)! Following that, I read Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out Of Time by Shannon Watters. This is an absolutely adorable series, if you’re interested. Great for tweens and up! I finished my graphic novel binge with Saga, Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughan. Saga is one of my all-time favorite series, and it’s not even done yet! I was actually lucky enough to find volumes 3-5 for cheap at a local bookstore. Yay!

I also went on a Meg Cooper binge. This is an author I got to meet during the Reader Author Get Together, and I bought a few of her books. I’m finally getting around to reading them, and I’m so glad I did! I read Alien Mail Order Bride: Alyssa, Alien Mail Order Bride: Brandy, Bringing A Ghost To Life, and Doing It Right. These are perfect short stories to curl up with before bed. The Alien mail Order Bride books made me chuckle (and wish for my own Alien Mail Order Bride service I could join!), Bringing a Ghost To Life was very amusing, and Doing It Right was a sweet contemporary romance.

Next I got through some stuff that has been on my to-read list for a little while. I read The Best Goodbye by Abbi Glines. I got to meet her and get some books signed a couple weeks ago, so since then I’ve been working my way through the whole Rosemary Beach series. Just two books and a novella left to read! And if you’re interested, I absolutely loved Up In Flames - the very last Rosemary Beach book. And the best, in my opinion! I also read Chase Me by Tessa Bailey. If you have started reading Novel Addiction within the past year, you’ll have seen several reviews of Tessa’s books - I consistently love them. Chase Me was equally awesome, and I had to instantly buy the next book, because I couldn’t stand the idea of waiting!

I also read It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. I got an e-galley of this, courtesy of the publisher. I cannot wait to talk to people about this book when it releases next week. It’s killing me not to discuss what happened. Luckily a friend of mine also got an e-galley, and we’ve been able to at least put some of our emotions into words. Due to the sensitive, spoiler-y nature of the book, I’m going to hold off on a review until a few days after it releases, at least. There still won’t be spoilers, but at least everyone can go in with absolutely NO pre-conceived notions.

Well, that’s it for this week. There’s some reviews scheduled next week, and I’ll finally be able to clear some stuff off my Netgalley account - thank goodness!

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: