Friday, August 12, 2016

Weekly Reading Update: 08/05 - 08/11/16!


Another week, another update… As always, click the title for more information!

First off - The Colleen Hoover signing I went to on the 5th was amazing! There were SO many people there, but it was great to be able to hang with my friends, and talk with other people who love the same books I do. I refrained from buying any other books… but that’s just me making up for buying three books at the Abbi Glines signing I went to in July!

This was an eclectic week for me - I was a bit all over the place. I started off reading Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. This is a collection of poems, which is normally not my thing, but it was so good. Some of them are incredibly short, no more than 10 words - so it was amazing how much of a punch it could have. Honestly, I would gladly buy this for myself, or give as a gift to some female friends of mine.

Next up was Just What I Needed by Lorelei James, which I read and reviewed for Romance Reviews Today. As much as I liked the first one in this series, Just What I Needed was even better. Walker is my dream man. Handy, kind, and has a good sense of humor. Looking around, I can’t find any information about upcoming books in the series - but there has to be! There are too many more Lunds to go - they all need their own stories! It’s been about six months since the first book released, so hopefully there will be word of a third one soon.

Next up was The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison. This has been on my to-read list forever, and I finally made myself pick it up this year as part of my 2016 Popsugar reading challenge. And I’m so glad I did! It was a truly good book, and while I enjoyed this foray outside of my usual genres - I will never leave my favorite genres behind!

A fellow staff member suggested I read Journey and Quest by Aaron Becker. These are adorable picture books - with absolutely no words. But it’s amazing how complex a story can be told with no words. The first (Journey) was my favorite. Quest was good, but it felt too hurried. There is a third coming, but it hasn’t released yet. Of course, I already have my name down for it at the library.

That’s it for me this week!

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: