Friday, September 30, 2016

Weekly Reading Update 9/23 - 9/29/16!




Another week, another update!

It's actually Tuesday as I'm writing this, because I will be out of town for the rest of the week - and therefore unable to set this up on Thursday afternoon like I usually do. But I read plenty over the weekend, so I'll still have more than enough to share for this week.

I was going through a nostalgic phase, and I remembered these books I used to read in grade school - Horrible History by Terry Deary. So because I was so desperate to read them again, to see if they are as good as I remember, I managed to get Cut-throat Celts from our interlibrary loan program.. And let me tell you, I enjoyed it just as much now as I did back then.

Continuing on in my nonfiction phase, I picked up Foundations of Chinese Civilization: The Yellow Emperor to the Han Dynasty by Jing Liu. This is a graphic novel history of China, or at least part of it. Considering how much history they packed into this book, I think it was well done. The art just didn't work for me as much as I had hoped.

Needing some fiction to get me back in the mood for the books I needed to review, I picked up The Marriage Contract by Katee Robert. This has been on my to-read shelf for far too long. And I mean that literally. I checked this out from the library ages ago. And now that I've read it, I'm mad I waited so long! I loved this, and I can't wait to get to the next book in the series and see how James manages to redeem himself (or not?)!

I focused on review books after this, so for-fun reading was put on hold. But that doesn't mean what I read wasn't fun. As you can tell by the reviews this week, I had a stream of great reads. And finishing that off, I read Ruthless by Lexi Blake to review for Romance Reviews Today. Oh man, this was so good. I hated having to stop when my lunch break was over. So I rushed home, quickly finished packing for my work trip, then curled up to see how Riley gets himself out of the hole he dug with his lies. So good! I can't wait for the next book. And I will definitely have to check out more by Lexi Blake.

Well that's it for me this week - at least so far.


Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: