Thursday, April 27, 2017

Review: THE NEGOTIATOR by Avery Flynn!

Release Date: April 24th, 2017

About the Book: Wanted: Personal Buffer

Often snarly, workaholic executive seeks “buffer” from annoying outside distractions AKA people. Free spirits with personal boundary issues, excessive quirks, or general squeamishness need not apply. Salary negotiable. Confidentiality required.

Workaholic billionaire Sawyer Carlyle may have joked he needed a “buffer” from their marriage-obsessed mom, but he didn’t need a waiting room filled with “candidates” to further distract him. (Thanks, bro.) But when a sexy job applicant shooes his mom and the socialite in tow out of his office, Sawyer sees the genius of the plan. And the woman. In fact, Miss Clover Lee might just get the fastest promotion in history, from buffer to fake fiancé…

This “free-spirit” might look like hot sunshine and lickable rainbows, but she negotiates like a pitbull. Before Sawyer knows what hit him, he’s agreed to give up Friday nights for reality tv, his Saturdays for flea markets (why buy junk still baffles him), his Tuesdays and Thursdays for “date nights” (aka panty-losing opportunities if he plays his cards right). And now she wants lavender bath salts and tulips delivered every Monday? 

Yup, she’s just screwing with him. Good thing she’s got this non-negotiatable six-weeks-and-she’s-gone rule or Sawyer may have just met this match… [Description from Goodreads.com]

My Review: Hot rich guy that is too absorbed in his business to really date? Check.
Free spirited woman that has no problem standing up to a guy trying to tell her what to do? Check.
A fantastic author that writes a super hot, and super funny story? Check, check, check!

I was only a few pages in, and I had already chuckled or snickered several times. And then the further I went, the more I laughed, groaned, and became addicted. I've been a fan of Avery Flynn for what feels like forever - ever since she first released her Laytons series (though it was originally released under a different title). She has never let me down. I've loved every thing I've read by Flynn, but I have to be honest with you guys... The Negotiator is my favorite to date. As much as I loved the Laytons, Sawyer and Clover have blown them out of the water.

This book was just.. fun. I loved seeing the two butt heads - seeing Sawyer at a loss for words because this woman beat him at his own negotiating game. I didn't want to stop reading when my lunch break was over, and I was desperate to get back to it when I got off work. It's a fast, enjoyable read that I would totally recommend to contemporary romance fans wanting a cute, humorous story.

Cover Lovin': That model.. Excuse me while I go swoon.

Recommendation: Perfect for contemporary romance fans. No prior knowledge necessary.

Final Rating: FOUR out of FIVE stars (4/5)! Cute, fun, funny, and a truly great read.

Get your copy of The Negotiator from Amazon today!



Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

Disclaimer: I received an advance copy in exchange for a fair and honest review. 

No comments: