Monday, August 6, 2018

Review: IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME by Kylie Scott!

Release Date: August 7th, 2018

About the Book: Returning home for her father’s wedding was never going to be easy for Adele. If being sent away at eighteen hadn’t been bad enough, the mess she left behind when she made a pass at her dad’s business partner sure was.

Fifteen years older than her, Pete had been her crush for as long as she could remember. But she’d misread the situation—confusing friendliness for undying love. Awkward. Add her father to the misunderstanding, and Pete had been left with a broken nose and a business on the edge of ruin. The man had to be just as glad as everyone else when she left town.

Seven years on, things are different. Adele is no longer a kid, but a fully grown adult more than capable of getting through the wedding and being polite. But all it takes is seeing him again to bring back all those old feelings.

Sometimes first loves are the truest.


My Review: Sometimes I want something a little different - still romance, but has a different feel, or an author I love trying something new - and that's why I think I liked this so much. There's the usual Kylie Scott humor, which I greatly appreciate..  but I could see her moving outside of her normal tropes. And for me, this worked. I can see how some people aren't the biggest fans - because there is a definite age difference, and they met when she was 16. But I think Kylie Scott did it right.

As I said, I really liked this. I didn't want to stop reading. All I could think about while I was at work was getting back to this book, and finding out what would happened. I liked Adele's attitude, especially when she decided she wasn't taking any of Pete's crap anymore. And Pete certainly had his fine moments as well... but he also frustrated me. I can see why he'd need a younger woman, considering how immature he could be, emotionally.

This doesn't beat out Trust and Lead when it comes to my top favorites... but it's great all the same.

Cover Lovin': Oh my... yes, well done!

Recommendation: Not for everyone due to the age gap, but definitely worth a read if you like to change things up now and again.

Final Rating: FOUR out of FIVE stars (4/5)!!! An emotional, yet fun, read. Honestly, seeing Adele grow into herself and realize what she was and wasn't willing to deal with makes this worth reading. But I think the romance was great as well.

Buy Links: 


Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~





No comments: