Wednesday, May 18, 2011

REVIEW: "Kiss Me, Kill Me, a Paranormal Anthology."

Kiss Me, Kill Me (A Paranormal Romance Anthology) Why this book?: One of the authors (Lori Brighton) gave me this book in exchange for a review. Buy it! It's only 99 cents AND all proceeds go to charity! Go HERE for more formats.

Disclaimer: Book was given to me in exchange for a review.

Type: Anthology, Charity, Paranormal, Series (sorta, some stories are continuation of series), Weres, Vamps, Magic, and more

About the book: Voyage into the realm of the paranormal with this nine author short story anthology. Sink your teeth into stories from: H.P. Mallory, Zoe Winters,Susan Bischoff, Lori Brighton, M.T. Murphy, Kait Nolan, Toni LoTempio, Daniel Arenson and Stacey Wallace Benefiel. All proceeds will be donated to GreaterGood.Org charity.
My Review: It's kind of tough to review anthologies - especially ones with so many authors, and therefore a lot of stories. I enjoyed the book, and it was the perfect choice for light reading in between busy moments of my life (which is every moment, currently). I'm not a huge anthology and short story fan, but "Kiss Me, Kill Me" provided some great entertainment, as well as helped me find new authors and series to pursue. A couple of the stories that really stuck out were "Wild Passion" by Lori Brighton - I do so love thieves and conmen, "The Sacrifice" by Toni LoTempio - the story was only so-so for me until the ending (especially the epilogue) and it just felt so delicious and right, and "Until the Breaking of the Day" by Daniel Arenson - this story absolutely blew me away, a beautiful, dark classic fantasy story.

Some of these stories are actually continuation of series, or a short spin-off of presently running series, and I found them to be a great starting point - I looked up several of the authors in this anthology to find the rest of their books after I finished reading their short story. I definitely want to look up "The Talent Chronicles" by Susan Bischoff after reading that story, as well as more Mirus stories by Kait Nolan. That said, I also liked that some stories stood alone - makes it a little less overwhelming since you don't feel left out by not knowing all the backstory. So all-in-all, this was a great anthology - very entertaining, and perfect for curling up on the deck in the (suddenly) warm weather and reading. Be sure to check it out!

Cover Loving: Good choice for the cover. Since there are some stories that would appeal to readers of either gender, I think it could have been less pink, but it generally fits the book.

Recommendation: Fans of paranormal will love it, as well as fans of the authors featured. If you're looking for some new authors to try, get "Kiss Me, Kill Me," it's an excellent way to try out authors, and help a charity at the same time!

Final Rating: FOUR out of FIVE (4/5). Fun, good read.

Happy Reading!

~!~ Amanda ~!~

No comments: