Friday, September 23, 2016

Weekly Reading Update 9/16 - 9/22/16!

Another week, another update… As always, click the title for more information!

I didn’t get too much reading done this week - mostly re-reads because I’m still in a bit of a reading slump. It’s not that the stuff I have to read and review is bad, it’s just I’m not in the mood to do anything. And when I finally got myself back on track and ready to read, my landlord told me an appraiser would need to do a walk-through of my house the next day, so I had to hurry and clean my house. It wasn’t too bad, really, there were just books EVERYWHERE. Thank goodness that’s over.

I did read Rocket Raccoon & Groot, Volume 1: Tricks of the Trade by Skottie Young. This is one of those fun, light-hearted graphic novels. Great for reading in between the heavy stuff. Rocket and Groot are always good for a laugh, and this volume was no different. Following this, I read King Baby by Kate Beaton. Kate Beaton has an awesome sense of humor, and I love all her books - picture books included. King Baby was no exception, that’s for sure.

On the re-reading front, I plowed my way through the Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott. The third book is one of my all-time favorites, but I figured I might as well start from the beginning since it had been so long since I read David and Mal’s stories. If you haven’t read this series, you need to get on it, ASAP. It’s my favorite New Adult rock star series to date. Lick, Play, Lead, and Deep - add them to your TBR or wish-list now!

Continuing my re-read binge, and sticking with the general rock star vibe (sort of?) I read Rule and Jet by Jay Crownover, another favorite author. Jet may be a rock star, at least on a smaller scale, but Rule just generally acts like one. Now that I think about it, I might have picked this series back up because I’ve been ready to get my next tattoo. I have the design, just not the time. It doesn’t help that this is conference season for work, as well as festival season - and it’s rough trying to keep a tattoo clean at muddy festival grounds.

That’s it for me this week. Next week will either be skipped, or late - since I will be out of town at a conference for work at the end of the week. And with being upstate, w

ho knows if I’ll even be able to read much. Such a depressing though.

That’s it for me this week!

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: