Friday, May 13, 2011

Hops, Jumps, and Blogger Aggravation

So the review I posted yesterday is gone.. I'm hoping they manage to bring it back. I didn't save it anywhere else. Normally I post reviews on here, then copy them into goodreads and Amazon.com, but I was in such a rush I decided to do it later. Argh!

Oh well, onto the hops. :(

Book Blogger Hop
Are you going to BEA and/or Book Blogger Convention this year? Alas, no. I've never been able to go - no money, and it's kind of far to travel for me. However! I will be going to the Reader/Author Get Together put on my Lori Foster - mainly because it's only 50 bucks AND it's about 20 minutes from where I live. I'm excited. I had such a great time last year, and this time around I will know even more authors visiting!


The Blogger Apocalypse made me a little emotional. What is the most emotional scene in a book you've read lately? That would probably be the crash and the ending of "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman. I'm eagerly anticipating reading the sequel!! I also got a little emotional at the end of "Hard Bitten" by Chloe Neill.

All that said - Hello! My name is Amanda, I'm 23, and I work in a library. I'm currently in a musical ("Urinetown"), and the performances start on the 19th, so I'm heading into heavy, long rehearsals. I'm excited to get it over with at this point... but I know I'll totally miss it when it's over. That said, posts will be a bit spotty until it's over, but I'm doing my best to have a post at least 4 times a week!
You can find my Goodreads page and Twitter account links on the lefthand sidebar, and my blogger button on the right sidebar, if you're so inclined.

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda ~!~

13 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

Like the blog very much. I had that issue as well. New follower. Found you through the hop. Come visit me sometime as well.

Jennifer_After_Dark said...

New follower,,,I like the blog and will deffinately have to look up thse authors like the titles of the books..
looking foward to reading your reviews..
Jennifer

come check mine out at

http://aftersunset-b4dawn.blogspot.com/2011/05/friday-blog-hop-2.html

Jennifer_After_Dark said...

Well your follower thingy isnt showing...but i grabbed your button so ill be back..
to follow,,
jen

Book Savvy Babe said...

I chose hard bitten too, that was a tough pill to swallow…. heres my FF post link
http://booksavvybabe.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-13th.html

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. If I Stay is definitely emotional. I'm going to re-read it soon.
My Hop

Jessica L. Tate said...

The same scenes got me in If I Stay. Here's my Follow Friday: http://thoughtsatoneinthemorning.blogspot.com/2011/05/off-shelf-challenge.html ^_^

Edel @ Room 304 said...

New follower here! :D

I've never been to those cons either. It's definitely too far for me to travel! Plus, I'm underaged and broke, hah! It's nice that you have that author meet to go to. I've never really heard of any where I am. I shall have to keep my ears open for some.

If I Stay definitely had it's emotional moments, but I've read other books that stole more tears from me. In fact, I only really teared up a bit in If I Stay.

Have a great weekend and take care!
Here's my FF and blog hop:
http://room304.brokenphrases.info/2011/05/book-blog-hop-5-follow-friday-3/

Elizabeth said...

Reader/Author get together sounds great.

I didn't know anything about the BBC or BEA.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Obsession with Books said...

Hi & Happy Friday!

My FF for this week is here,
http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice weekend.

Stormi said...

Not read If I Stay, but heard a lot of good things about though I am just not sure if its my sort of story. :)

I hate to hear that you lost your review, I hope it comes back. :( I lost some things but they were not as important as a review.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the information about armchair BEA..if you find out any more information, please post it here...I will subscribe to comments.

THANKS.

Amanda from Novel Addiction said...

I found a link to what Armchair BEA is! http://www.armchairbea.com/

I'll have to check it out, looks interesting.

Addicted to Paleo said...

Sounds like a great opportunity! How did you get involved in this smaller get together? I would love to find out what stuff is available in the SF Bay Area in California!

KW
http://www.ekfamilybooks.blogspot.com