Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Whatcha Got Wednesday #26

It's time for Whatcha Got Wednesday! My own little weekly meme where I talk about what I received in the past week. I mostly do this to talk about books I either can't review here (since I review them for Romance Reviews Today) or won't get to for a while. So without further ado... bookies!


FOR REVIEW:
"Chosen by Blood" by Virna DePaul - I've been wanting this for AGES! Yay!
"Beg for Mercy" by Jami Alden - Not heard a lot about this yet, but it has me interested.

FOR REVIEW:
"Embraced by Blood" by Laurie London (sorry about the glare). I haven't even read book one yet and I get book two, eek! Also, I've received manuscripts before, but never one bound like that..
"Blood Law"  by Karin Tabke - Woo! What a cover.

Also.. did anyone else sense a blood theme? RRT has caught onto my willingness (read: LOVE) to read paranormal books. Haha.

General Updateyness:
The show I'm in is going well, and as much as I love it.. I'm to the point where I'm ready for it to be over. I want my life (or more specifically, my evenings) back. I'm so behind on reviews because I wasn't prepared for just how much time rehearsals would take up. I've been in shows before, but I'm usually not in this many numbers! But at least when the show starts running, I'll be able to hide in the back and read between my scenes.

I recently finished "The Restorer" by Amanda Stevens (my review will be posted on Romance Reviews Today with the May 1st update) and I LOVED it! So good, I cannot wait for the next book. I was so into the book I didn't even realize that I hadn't moved from the couch in over three hours  - talk about stiff when I finally tried to stand, eek. Fingers crossed that I get to review the next book in the series when it comes out!
I also finished "Hard Bitten" by Chloe Neill. This was the first book in the Chicagoland vampires series that I've read.. but I was interested enough to try the previous novels in the series.. when I finally get my TBR pile down, ugh. Anyways, I thought it was pretty good, but that ending about killed me! I wasn't prepared for that shock, dangit!

You have until tomorrow (thursday) night at 11:59 PM to enter my contest to win a copy of "Beloved of the Fallen" by Savannah Kline. Click here to enter!
And check out the guest post by author Mindy MacKay! She dropped by to talk about crossing genre lines, which I am all for. Everyone needs a little something different now and again!

Until tomorrow...

Happy reading!
~!~ Amanda ~!~

No comments: